Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cookie Exchange Home Run-Oreo Truffles



Gracefully handling a Holiday cookie exchange has been one of my December goals for the past few years.  I love being invited, but completely freak out that I am willingly adding more to my "to do" list just a few weeks before Christmas.  I am usually knee deep in mailing out gifts to relatives, decorating the house and trying to make things special for my kids.  The thought of baking 5-7 dozen cookies on top of my usual stuff is a little daunting.  But, I love the chance for a night out with my friends and it always puts me in the Holiday spirit.



I have kept my eyes open for the ideal cookie that would be pretty, easy to make and yummy. I figured that if I could find the veritable home run of cookies for a cookie exchange, I could relax and enjoy myself the next time an invitation or evite arrived.  I had set my sights on peppermint bark (which I convinced myself qualifies as a cookie).  It is festive, easy to make, and friends would happily take it home to serve to guests.  But recently, my friend Linda, told me about Oreo Balls (also known as Oreo Truffles).  They sounded too good to be true.  They fit all my cookie exchange criteria.



I found a recipe for Easy Oreo Truffles  at The TomKat Studio and Kim even includes a free printable recipe card and label.  Three simple ingredients, no baking involved and they look decadent.  I couldn't ask for a better cookie exchange home run.







No comments:

Post a Comment