Needing to prove to myself that I could fit in a little creative time this summer, I tackled a project that I have been wanting to try for a while. For years I have admired the variety of apron skirts on the web and have visions of using some of my vintage linens to make one for my daughter. To play it safe, my first attempt was with modern day fabrics I found at Jo-Ann's. Seersucker is such a fun summer fabric and I fell in love with this funky medallion eyelet stitched cotton.
A google search turned up a variety of tutorials to pick from. I settled on this one from lilblueboo because Ashley provided a helpful size chart and I liked the waistband detail. It only took a few hours and with the elastic waistband, I'm sure my reluctant model will be able to wear it next summer as well!
Linking with Two Yellow Birds Decor