Sunday, May 13, 2012

Back to Blogging

I unintentionally took a little bit of a blog break and am happy to be back.  For the past 8 months, I have been working on a fundraiser featuring a Tour of local homes and it has been easy to fit the work into my daily routine.  But, the last minute details of the 2 weeks leading up to the Tour, took their toll on my schedule and I just couldn't
 find the time (or mental focus) to write a decent post. 
 The Tour was last Thursday and it was a huge success.  We had nice weather 
(after a week of rain), 6 beautifully decorated homes, 800 visitors, and raised $35,000 for local charities.  It was fun and challenging to do something so all consuming, but it is a wonderful feeling to be done.  The predictability of folding laundry and picking up the kid's toys is a welcome change!  Also, after spending time in such beautiful homes,
 I realize I need to give my own house a little attention and love. 
 I plan to spend some time reading my favorite decorating
 and design blogs to pick up a few new projects.  
And of course, get back to blogging.

2 comments:

  1. Glad your tour of homes was a success. I always like to go when we have them here. Love seeing the older homes and the beautiful decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! Sounds like a fantastic fundraiser. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete