Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Little Pitchers

Keeping good on a promise I made to myself as a child, I never pass up a lemonade stand.  The entrepreneur in me surfaced early in life and each summer I put up my stand and waited for customers.  Where we lived, the customers were few and far between, but it was a real thrill when someone did stop.  With the heat of summer upon us, I keep snatching up cute little pitchers at estate sales.  As with most of my finds, I am attracted to them for some nostalgic memory they provide.  This little guy might have brought me luck at my lemonade stand. 









And this little hobnail milk glass pitcher reminds me of summers visiting my grandmother.  A pitcher of milk and hot buttered toast fresh out of the toaster was our favorite snack.









                                Do you have any items that bring back special summer memories?

I'm Linking with:
Apron Thrift Girl

8 comments:

  1. I LoVe jugs and pitchers! Loving the top one, so unusual it's square!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hobnail milk pitcher is adorable. My grandmother had several hobnail pieces...wondered what happened to them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. My children would get so excited when a kind hearted soul would stop and buy lemonade from their stand. I must remember to stop the next time I see children selling some lemonade on the street corner. Your pitchers are very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the milk glass; it reminds me of my mom. I love cranberry glass; I wish I had some.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My grandparents had a Bait and Tackle store when I was a child and I can remember setting up my little lemonade stand in the front of their store. Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The hobnail one is amazing! Great shape on it too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i am crushing on ur milk glass pitcher!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pitchers. I keep saying no to my daughter about setting up a lemonade stand. Now I feel guilty. ;) Lemonade itself reminds me of summer and reading books at the cottage while sipping lemonade.

    ReplyDelete