Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Happy Home


This little house really made my day. I happened upon it when looking in etsy for something else and, once I saw it, I couldn't get it out of my mind. I love Cottage Ware and it resembles my own house (transformed from beige to green a few years ago when we had to re-paint the exterior). It was just so cute! I saved it in my favorites and enjoyed "having" it on my computer. It didn't take long to realize, that if I had seen this little gem while out shopping, I would have scooped it up immediately. So, back to etsy to buy my little dream house. I love seeing it whenever I walk into the kitchen and the green coordinates perfectly with the Napco cookie jar it shares the counter with.

I recently bought a book on Cottage Ware by Eileen Rose Busby, to better understand the collection of little ceramic houses I have accumulated over the years. As it turns out, I am a bit of a cheap date in terms of Cottage Ware. I collect random pieces based on colors that appeal to me or match my decor. Most of my pieces are marked "made in Japan" and not particularly valuable. Turns out this little green house says "Japan" on the bottom as well. Welcome to the neighborhood happy little house! Do you have a favorite find that makes you happy?

I'm linking with




1 comment:

  1. That is super cute. What a fun little house. Thank you so much for sharing and linking up to our party Show and Share. Make sure to come back this week and link up your latest projects. We would love to see them.

    A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
    tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete