Sunday, June 17, 2012

Weekend Finds

This little ribbed glass cookie jar lured me to an estate sale on Saturday that had more treasures than I could carry.  While looking at online photos of the sale, I had seen this little guy perched on the top of a dining room hutch and knew he was worth standing in line for.  A while back I posted about my luck in finding a green depression glass jar.  
I have been searching for a clear glass jar to add to my collection. 
I also had my eye on this little wicker doll cradle and it was waiting just for me.  
It is very similar to the little chair I brought home from Brimfield.
I was happily surprised to find a collection of vintage aprons with all my favorite details...tiny prints, cross-stitch, ric rac trim and bright colors.  I picked up this copy of Heloise's Housekeeping Hints and it is chock full of good old fashioned advice. 
 I think I will add it to my Summer reading list.
And speaking of Summer reading.  I snatched these up for my 6 year old.  It will be fun to look through these old Easy Readers as we practice her reading over the Summer break.  
I hope you found something special this weekend!

I'm linking up with:



7 comments:

  1. Love your Heliose book, I have several of her books, but not the one you found.
    Don't you love it when you can see photos of the items for sale at an estate sale?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving you finds, especially the cookie jar! Simple yet beautiful!
    Victoria xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every item that you brought home would have been something I would have picked up too. I'm glad that cookie jar was still waiting for you. Love the wicker cradle. I'm such a sucker for doll beds. Delightful aprons too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are some great finds, I'm really loving that ribbed glass cookie jar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The books are so sweet, and I love the aprons!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The jar is great, love it! And the joke book is pretty neat too. Thanks for joining at cap creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great finds! I think the cookie jar is the best of the best! But I had to laugh after I noticed the Silly Billy book! We had a copy of that book kicking around the house for many years because we had a Billy in our household. Oh and thanks for noticing that I had been featured one a blog. (!!!!) I hadn't seen it and was happy to grab the feature button and add it to my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete