Tuesday, November 15, 2011

If you love something, set it free.....

"If you love something, set if free; if it comes back to you it's yours, if it doesn't, it never was meant to be".  Wait a minute.  Richard Bach was talking about human relationships when he wrote that, I don't think this is going to work for my situation.  I need an inspirational quote to help me come to terms with selling an item I listed on etsy (you know what I mean).  I came across this Napco cookie jar a few weeks ago and snatched it up since it reminded me so much of my own.  I fully intended to sell it in my etsy shop.  I photographed it, listed it and then put it on my shelf to wait.  That was my big mistake.  I should have hidden it from view and not enjoyed having it next to me, on my shelf, in my office (where I could even talk to it).  And then what I was originally hoping for happened-it sold!  And I was thrilled (for a second) and then slightly sad that this adorable little jar would be leaving.  But, I have gathered my strength, carefully packed him up and am going to mail it today.  Lesson learned-never get attached to an item I list on etsy again.  Just a few pictures for the family album (ha, ha).


  "It's better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all." ~ Alfred Lord Tennyson
shabby creek cottage

French Country Cottage

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I so totally understand! Unforunately, I have sold a number of things over the years that I am very sorry I parted with. One of them was a cookie jar like these, that had been here in my husband's childhood home forever. It wasn't that I didn't like it, or even that I didn't want to keep it - it was the fact that we weren't using it, and I did not have room for it on the kitchen counter. So I took it to the shop, and it sold. And now I cannot even BELIEVE that I ever made the decision to part with this special cookie jar that my husband used to reach into as a child. What in the heck was I thinking??? (He said at the time that it was okay for me to sell it. I wish he hadn't .) So, don't feel too bad about parting with yours - at least it wasn't a sentimental piece. (Sniff, sniff...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that same exact cookie jar! It belonged to my mom and she always had it out on the counter full of her home-baked goodies. I was thrilled to receive it from her several years ago and it sits proudly in the front of my china cabinet, where little grandbaby fingers can't get to it LOL! I love this jar and get so excited any time I see another one. Sorry you had to let it go but think of the joy it will bring to somebody else! Hugs, Leena

    ReplyDelete